Price guide £90,000 For Sale

Roxby Gardens, Thornton-Le-Dale, Pickering

2 1 1

A refurbished ground floor apartment forming part of a sheltered housing scheme
with age restrictions and the advantage of the development being close to the village amenities


Entrance Hall


Sitting Room

Shower Room

Two Double Bedrooms

Electric Heating

uPVC Double Glazing

Personal Alarm System

Resident Manager

Mobility Aid Ramp

Communal Gardens

Residents Parking

70% Shared Ownership

EPC Rating C

Roxby Gardens is a custom built sheltered housing development located within a comfortable walk to the village shops and a short distance from a bus stop. It operates under a Government run leasehold scheme for the elderly; whereby residents are able to purchase a 70% share of the property's value with the remaining 30% being managed by the Joseph Rowntree Housing Trust. This offers the advantage of having control of your home at an affordable price.

No.8 Roxby Gardens has been refurbished over recent years to now offer a smart fitted kitchen, a shower room, two double bedrooms and a sitting room that over looks the close. This property has the benefit of a personal alarm connection so that those who still prefer to live independently have the added reassurance that help, if required, is close at hand with a residential manager. No.8 has also recently had a permanent slope build up to the front porch and an outside electric point for charging mobility transport.

Outside the property shares residents parking and communal gardens. There is a bin store with shelving immediately outside the property.

Location: Thornton le Dale is a ‘picture postcard’ village that lies within the North York Moors National Park at the foot of Dalby Forest. The market town of Pickering lies some 2 miles to the west and Scarborough, Whitby and York are all within half an hours drive. The popular market town of Malton is only fifteen minutes drive away where the rail network connects to York, Leeds and Manchester. Thornton le Dale has a good range of local amenities including a butcher, baker, post office, newsagents, general store, doctors surgery and chemist. It also has a vibrant village community, pubs, cafes and restaurants.

Services: Water and electricity are connected. Connection to mains drains. Telephone connection subject to the usual British Telecom regulations. Electric heating. Personal Emergency Alarms to a resident management scheme.

Council Tax: We are informed by Ryedale District Council that the property falls in band B.

Management Charge: A monthly management charge of £227.17 is currently payable to the Trust (subject to review on 1st July each year). This contributes to the costs of services provided, which includes, maintenance of the structure and exterior of the dwelling, buildings insurance, the Trust's administrative costs and the scheme manager service.

Tenure: We are advised by the Vendors that the property is Leasehold held on a 60 year Lease which commenced on completion of the sale. Vacant possession will be given upon completion.

Note: It is a condition of purchase that residents must meet the age requirements of 60 years or be registered disabled.

Viewing Arrangements: Strictly by prior appointment through the Agents. Messrs Rounthwaite & Woodhead, Market Place, Pickering. Telephone: 01751 472800