Gas Fired Central Heating
Walled and Paved Garden
EPC rating C
St John's House was built in 1850 of mellow brick under a pantile roof and offers spacious accommodation with many original features. These include: panelled doors, moulded ceiling cornices, sash windows, cast and marble fire surrounds, typical of the properties period.The ground floor accommodation is spacious with a kitchen dining room separate dining room and sitting room. There are 3 double bedrooms at first floor level (one currently used as a sitting room) and 2 useful attic rooms/bedrooms; the extensive cellars provide very useful storage. Outside there is a secure rear courtyard and parking area.
The property has planning approval for a SOLE BUSINESS PRACTITIONER, a very useful asset and opportunity to work from home.
Situated on the corner of Langton Road and Wood Street St John's House is well placed for local amenities. Norton college is within a short walk as is Norton Primary School. Malton and Norton offer an excellent range of close to hand amenities including the Railway Station with links to the intercity service at York, a variety of sporting and social clubs and an interesting and diverse range of shops. Malton has gained regional acclaim for its regular food festivals. The A64 provides good road communications east and west and to the motorway network. The Wolds, Derwent valley walks and Howardian Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty are all within easy reach.
Services:Mains gas, water and electricity. Connection to mains drainage.
Tenure:We are informed the property is freehold and that vacant possession will be given on completion.
Viewing:Strictly by appointment with the Agents Rounthwaite & Woodhead. 53 Market Place, Malton YO17 7LX. Tel: 01653 600747.
Council Tax: Band E